Muzaffarnagar, On Wednesday a fire broke out at the District Supply Office located in Naveen Mandi. Workers cut power lines, after which the fire was brought under control. Some papers stored in the office were also burned by the fire. At the back of the District Supply Office there is a room where some applications and forms related to the promotion of the department are kept.
There was a sudden short circuit in the power line cable running through the room, causing some papers stored there to catch fire when sparks flew from the cables. Some workers put out the fire by cutting the line and pouring water. The DSO in charge, Kamlesh Singh, said the fire had started due to a short circuit. Some papers stored there have been burned by fire.